Standard Plugin Reference
SQL Server Compressed Backup comes with a number of standard plugins.
These plugins are for communicating with SQL Server.
- db. This plugin is the standard plugin for backing up and restoring SQL Server databases.
These plugins convert data as it passes through them. These might be compression plugins,
encryption plugins, or other types of plugins. See compression statistics
to compare the various compression plugins.
- gzip. Compresses the data using gzip compression which is faster
than the other standard plugins but has the lowest compression ratio.
- zip64. Compresses the data using the zip64 format, which isn't
exactly the same as the zip format. The zip format has file size limitations
limitations are much larger. 7 Zip is an open source windows
program which is known
to decompress zip64 and many other compression formats.
- bzip2. Of the standard plugins, this plugin has the best compression ratio but is the slowest.
- rate. The rate plugin is used to slow the backup to prevent the system
from being affected by the backups.
Storage plugins save file backups and read backup files when restoring databases. These plugins might be FTP, HTTP,
NFS, or local filesystems.
- local. Saves/reads files on the local filesystem.